Friday, October 26, 2012

MANKATO HALF MARATHON AND KIDSK RUN


Last weekend Ryan, Ben and I laced up our running shoes!  Ryan and I have been busy training for the Mankato Half Marathon the past 3 months. Meanwhile, Ben has busy been training for a KidsK run.  Training for Ryan and me has consisted of weekend 8,9,10,11 and 12 miles runs while Ben's training has consisted of racing his dad from our mailbox to the neighbors mailbox most nights after dinner.  We all successfully completed our races and some of us are already talking about the next run (Ben). 

Ben is ready to go! 

It takes a Village to raise a Benjamin!  Ben- you have no idea how lucky you are to be surrounded by so many people that love you!  Only you could get 8 adults to come out and cheer you on during your 5 minute run! 

Ben is ready to run!
Coming around the corner.  He is so excited!  I wasn't sure if he would actually run but he took off and didn't look back. 
Determined!
All smiles at the finish!

Important to rehydrate after all that work!
The next day Ryan and I got to lace up our shoes and take off! Ben and Alex were ready to cheer loud!

Smiling at mile 5. It was so fun having people cheer me on during the run!  I was able to pick up my speed...for awhile...

Ryan finishing strong!  

Here I come...a LONG time after speed racer Ryan finished!  We both improved our time from the last time we ran this race! It was a PR half for me!

Heather and Miranda followed me around town!  I saw Miranda 3 times during the run!  Thanks ladies!
We finished! 

No comments: