Happy 4 weeks Alex! It is hard to believe 4 weeks ago yesterday I was in the hospital! The last month has been a whirlwind and I was reminded fast about the feeling of exhaustion from no sleep. However, I think we are finally adjusting and getting this 2 kids thing figured out. I'm sure one of them will do something in the next week to have us figure this out all over again...Ben is having fun being a big brother. If you ask him his full name he will tell you it is Benjamin Charles Gochenaur, Big Brother. He was also asked the other day if was happy Alex came for Christmas- Ben's reply, "Alex didn't come for Christmas, he was in Mommy's tummy and he tunneled out." The mind of a 3 year old.
Alex has been healthy so far. His biggest issue is that he likes to poop...a lot! The other day I changed him 3 times in 10 minutes as I was trying to get out the door. Every time I changed him, he would poop again. I have also been peed on more times this month by Alex than I ever was with Ben. I shriek every time.
Alex also loves to eat. His favorite time for binge eating is from 7pm - 11pm. Everyday we look at him we think he has gotten bigger. Someone said that babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by 1 year. I am not sure if that is true but if it is, Alex will weigh more than Ben by the time he is a year and a half!
We still find ourselves occasionally calling Alex, Captain. I think the nickname might stick for awhile. However, we also keep calling Alex, Ben and Ben, Alex. It might be the exhaustion kicking in.
Thanks for finally 'tunneling out' Alex. We are looking forward to many, many more weeks, months and years with you...but we would really appreciate it if you could start sleeping through the night soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment