Thursday, June 17, 2010

WE ARE MOVING

Big changes at our house over the past few months! We sold our house! We have to be out of our home by the middle of July. We have been trying to sell it off and on since last August. We really love our current house but decided it was time for a change. When we bought we said we would be in the house 5-7 years. When we move we will be 1 week shy of 7 years. Talk about keeping our deadline. Where did the time go? Our original thought was to sell ours and than find a new existing home. However, we couldn't find the perfect house we wanted and decide to do what we swore we never would do. We are going to build! After much hunting we found the perfect lot! Or so we hope! Our idea was to find a wooded, cul-du-sac lot with a private backyard, in a good school district with stores, parks and restaurants close by. We ended up finding everything we wanted in Savage. It is actually border line Savage/Prior Lake area in the Prior Lake SD. If you know the area- it is about a half mile from Super Target on County Road 42. Ryan is very excited because he can walk to Buffalo Wild Wings. It is about a half mile walk but doable. The only negative is that it is still a very long drive for Ryan to get downtown everyday. Good thing for satellite radio! We have been working on house plans for the past month or two designing our dream home! I'm very nervous about our new adventure but let the fun begin!
There are more lots available if anyone is interested in being our neighbor!


We closed on everything on Tuesday! They were actually able to stake everything out already so Ryan and I got to 'stand' in the house today! It is hard to believe our new home will be there in 3-4 months!

Here is a shot from across the street- look at all of the trees! It will be so nice having a private backyard! I am sure Ben will have fun running around in the woods and wet land area.

Here is a closer shot. They are cutting down all of the trees on Saturday weather permitting. I'm excited to take Ben to watch! This will look very different next week! They hope to begin digging late next week or early the following week.

Many of you have asked what we will be doing since we will obviously be homeless for 2-3 months. We are hoping only 2 but let's be realistic- do builders ever finish on time? Ryan and I will be doing a 'trial separation' as we like to call it. Ben and I will be moving in with Nana and Papa in Mankato and Ryan will be living every fathers/husbands dream during the week- BACHELORHOOD! The commute from Mankato to downtown Minneapolis would be horrible! We have a friend that has a condo that isn't married and said that Ryan could stay with him. This will work out great as long as Ryan comes back to Ben and me at the end of the 2 months! =) Of course we will see him every weekend. Fortunately as long as I live in my territory, I can be very flexible. I found full time day care for Ben and am grateful that family will help take care of Ben during the week when I have to be traveling.

More photos to come as we go through this overwhelming process!

No comments: