Thursday, March 8, 2012

FLORIDA FUN


I did the unthinkable to many!  I packed up both boys and took them to Florida ALONE!  Well really not alone since once we got there I wasn't by myself with the boys for 9 days, but I made the trip alone.  I decided to finish up my maternity leave by spending my last few days in the sun visiting Nana and Papa.  The boys were very good during the 3 1/2 hour flight.  Alex slept most of the trip and Ben made friends with the person we sat next to.  Our new friend was kind enough to hold Alex when Ben had to go to the bathroom halfway into the trip.  I figured there was no where for the stranger to run off to with Alex! My only real struggle was buckling myself up since I had Alex in my arms! Once we arrived one of the couples sitting next to us told me how good my kids were and that I was a brave woman.  I was really just happy to land and even more happy to see Nana and Papa with empty hands to help out with my precious cargo! 
Ben is ready for the plane to get going!
Getting off the plane in Florida- I'm cut off but you can see all the stuff that I had with me!!
I'm not sure who was more happy to see each other at the airport- Ben or Nana?

Once we got settled in we were very busy at Nana and Papa's house. We didn't really go anywhere which was great! Ben had fun riding bikes, swimming, riding on the back of Papa's bike in the trailer during my runs and playing in the sun. The weather was great. It was in the 80s everyday.  I was able to get out most days for a morning jog and had an afternoon nap about everyday.  Ryan flew in toward the end of our stay to soak up some rays and fly home with us.  Don't think Ryan was deprived by staying home though!  He had a happy hour lined up about every night, slept peacefully through the night and loved having the house to himself. Special thanks to Nana who got up with Alex most nights to allow me some much needed zzzzs! With all of the flying to FL Ben has done, he will be able to fly there for free on miles in no time!
Most of our days were spent right here!
Ben was quite the fish!


 
Alex adjusted to Florida life like a pro- he spent his days laying on the couch, sleeping, kicking his legs and wailing his arms like crazy. 
Look how big my little buddy is!

Florida life is a lot of work!

On the rare occasion we weren't in the pool, we were not bored!  There was still much to do! We were busy--
Checking out the Budweiser Clydesdales
 
 Making arts and crafts...

 Watching for garbage trucks and workers

 Riding our FL bike...
Cooking with Nana...
With all of the things to do, Ben was a very, very tired little 3 year old! 
 Typical guy!  He is out like a light though!

Thanks for a great trip Nana and Papa! We had so much fun coming to visit and can't wait to come again!!!Can we stay for 2 weeks next year??

No comments: