Monday, April 21, 2014

NO LONGER A ROAD WARRIOR

After traveling for work for 11 years, I finally decided it was time to officially make a change.  The boys have been getting busier and it was getting harder for them and me to be gone. I wasn't actively looking for a new job but a posting caught my eye one day online.  I sent it to Ryan and he thought it looked good as well.  I applied and lucky for me they called.  2 weeks and 5 interviews later, I gave my notice at my current company! 

I accepted a position with a company called Skillsoft.  I will be selling online learning to corporations- certifications, videos, training, eBooks and etc. Most of my accounts are in the metro area so I will have very little over night travel.  The company is based out East so I am still fortunate enough to be able to have my office be out of my home. This is a brand new market and industry for me but they seem to be a well known company and they should have a good training program since that is what they are about! I have been overwhelmed with starting over and not knowing anything or anyone but I am hoping 6 months from now, I will feel a little more settled! 

In the meantime though, I get to see these adorable boys everyday even if they don't want to see me! I think Ryan is pretty excited as well that he is no longer a single dad during the week!

No comments: