Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MEET THE NEIGHBORS

Just call me Betty Homemaker...the week after we moved into our new house last November it snowed and snowed and snowed....it snowed until March. We haven't had a chance to meet many neighbors. We decided to have a neighborhood get together to meet people. I made some invitations and some sugar cookies (with some help decorating-thanks Mom), then Ben and I walked the neighborhood dropping off invitations to everyone around and also cookies to those that we had already met.
Last Sunday we had our neighborhood ice cream party. Oh how my parties have changed in the last 10 years! I was a little worried if people would show up or not but we had a great turn out. We couldn't have asked for a better day. We served Ice Cream Sundaes and Root Beer Floats. I was amazed at how many families showed up. Ryan and I guessed there were about 80 people there coming and going including kids.


Before everyone arrived....




The pool was a hit!


People starting to arrive

It was fun to see all the bikes and strollers in our driveway!



I don't think we will have any shortage of kids in our neighborhood. There were kids running around everywhere.


Everyone seemed to have a good time. The cul-du-sac worked out great for the kids bike riding and Ben's t-ball hit got a ton of use. We were already nominated to host the neighborhood night out next year since no one did anything this year....too bad I am out of town every year that night for our sales conference.


No comments: