Sunday, March 28, 2010

BEN STORIES

Since many of my entries are about our never ending sickness with Ben I thought it was time for a couple of fun stories.

The other day at daycare, someone bit Ben. After it happened Ben looked at that kid and pointed his finger at the child and said "NO, NO, NO". Apparently he put that child in his or her place. Our daycare provider loved it.

Ben still has the same girlfriend, Julia from daycare. We have a picture of her and Ben sitting side by side. The picture often eats dinner with us now so Ben can see his BFF. Ben kisses the photo a lot as well. I think I might need to get another one since his sticky hands are all over the photo because he takes it with him all over the house. When we ask him to say Julia, he gets all excited and smiles. What are we in for?

Ben recently learned about time out. They do this at daycare if someone doesn't share, bites or gets into trouble. We have started to try it at our house as well. The other night Ben was throwing his food so he got a time out. I put him in the corner and told him he had to stay there for one minute. I was surprised that he knew what happened and stood there. I tried so hard not to laugh as he tried to peek around from the corner. It was really cute. He is very self disciplined. He often gives himself time outs now. We will be playing and if he does something he knows he isn't supposed to, we tell him no and plan on letting it go. However, Ben thinks he is in big trouble and goes to stand in the corner. Ryan and I can't help but laugh.

I can't wait to see what adventure our little buddy takes us on next!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Who gets more timeouts these days? Ben or Ryan?