Sunday, January 25, 2015

WARM WEATHER HERE WE COME

Some people called me crazy but I called it desperate for sunshine and sleep!  I made the most of my maternity leave last week and I took Eli and Alex to Florida to visit Nana and Papa.  I was very nervous how the plane ride would go.  If Alex chose to melt down, I was stuck.  My arms were full with Eli, a stroller, car seat and 3 bags! We got off to an interesting start but the trip to FL was a success! It was nice to get some sun and I made the most of the extra hands and took a nap everyday! Ryan and Ben flew down a few days later to spend a long weekend with us. 
 Alex rolling on the airport floor before we boarded the plane. Fortunately this was a short term lapse in his listening skills!
 Waiting for take off!
 Eli is ready for his first flight!  He did awesome and slept in my arms the whole plane ride! Alex did great as well and kept entertained with movies on the iPAD.  I love you Toy Story and Madagascar!
 We made it and are ready for fun in the sun! Alex loved all of the extra attention he got when Ben wasn't around! We kept him busy and he kept us busy!
 Alex was a pro at Mexican Train by the time Ben arrived ready to play. He and Papa made a great team!
 Eli enjoyed the fresh air he wasn't getting at home!
 Chillin...
Alex was always ready to give a helping hand in the kitchen! 



 Time was spent constructing the perfect house
 We were happy when Ben and Ryan arrived! The boys spent hours swimming in the pool and hot tub!
 One day we left Eli with Nana and Papa and went on a Pirate ship.  Ben was so nervous because he thought there were going to be real Pirates on the ship. Fortunately they were nice Pirates and we all had a blast!
Ben and I are decked out in our pirate gear
Check out my pirate dancers! Ben really let loose at the end of the clip.
  Arrrghh!!!
 We had great weather for an afternoon at the beach
Sometimes they actually like playing together and even get along!

 Out to dinner one night to celebrate 31 years of bliss. Happy 31st Anniversary Nana and Papa!Celebrating with us may not have been romantic but I can guarantee it wasn't boring!

 

 Ben is pumped and ready  to watch the big play off Packer game!
 Cheering on the Packers. There were some sad fans in FL after the game.


All smiles.  Eli could get used to FL life...let's be honest, I could as well!
 More dominoes!



 Picnic at the park


Thanks for having us Nana and Papa! We look forward to coming again next year!

No comments: