Ben and Alex all ready to go!
A very happy and excited boy with his new backpack
Still smiling....
Ben smiled all the way into the building until we got to the door of his classroom...then it was meltdown city! Screaming, crying, yelling, running...it was horrible! Fortunately, he just said he wanted to go home and didn't say he wanted to go back to his old school. After 30 minutes of trying to get Ben to do the activities and play with the other kids, Ryan and I left. We knew we overstayed our welcome when one of the girls in his class asked us what we were still doing there! After we left, Ben cried and stayed in the corner for 10 minutes and than played with the other kids. Tuesday drop off was horrible however, when I picked him up he gave his teacher a hug goodbye and told me that he wants to come back every day. One of the girls in his class, Ryiah gave him a big hug as well. When I dropped him off this morning, there was no tears and he was so excited to get there in time for breakfast so he could see his good neighbor friend, Griffin who is in the class room next door but the classes eats breakfast together. Such a relief! I hope the positive attitude stays!
I think the new school will be great for us once we get through the transition. They have a wonderful preschool program and even better, we can walk there from our house! I received a detailed list of what they did on Ben's first day... he read Green Eggs and Ham, had a parachute party, learned what an experiment is, worked on forming letters with letter builders, sang about fun instruments, created wacky self-portraits, used eyedroppers to mix colored water to make new colors and practiced putting diapers on baby dolls. Alex on the other hand, ate, slept, spit up and pooped.
1 comment:
Sorry you have to go through that! Totally know how hard it is to leave, Ethan was like that for 2 months this year when we moved him. It gets better and love that things are already getting better.
Post a Comment