Thursday, October 20, 2011

AHHH VACATION

Ryan and I just got back from a nice and relaxing vacation. We spent the last 5 days in Turks & Caicos in the Caribbean. It was beautiful. My company does a sales incentive trip every two years. Fortunately, I qualified and away we went on our all expense paid trip. It is a great perk of the job for not only me but Ryan as well. He especially needed a break since I have been traveling so much. It was truly paradise. This is my favorite island I have stayed at so far. The beaches and water were beautiful. It was unfortunate being pregnant for the trip but Ryan did his far share in the drinking department and made sure he drank for two (it was an all-inclusive resort). I think most of my co-workers and their spouses did the same as well.


The weather was gorgeous everyday! Look how clear the water is!




All the dining options were outdoors. It was great!




One of the three pools.
Ryan, me and of course you can't forget about Baby Captain (sorry Ben, we won't be keeping the name once the baby actually comes)


We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. The rooms were gorgeous- 3 balconies, full kitchen, laundry. It was a great resort! We could have slept 8 comfortably!

While Ryan and I relaxed on the sandy beaches, Ben stayed at Nana and Papa's house. He was kept very busy. The highlight was attending our cousin, Jenny Huettl's wedding. While we were sorry to miss it ourselves, it was nice that Ben was there representing our family.


Ben all ready for his big night out at the wedding!





I was told he had a lot of fun with his cousins!

Ben was Lindsey's date. The bride and groom played the game where whey would kiss if somebody else kisses. I guess they drew Ben and Lindsey. I'm told Ben ran out to the dance floor and gave Lindsey a big kiss! I'm impressed my shy son did it!

Other things Ben kept busy with while at Nana and Papas house...helping with yard work, putting together puzzles, lincoln logs, crafts, visiting the Sibley park zoo, picking out a pumpkin and roasting marshmallows over the fire. Those are just a few highlights. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

Ben was a good helper and loves the scooter rides



Ben's new puzzle--it is bigger than he is



Leave it to Nana to get Ben flossing...now I have to keep it up!



Smores over the fire


Thanks Nana and Papa for watching Ben. I'm glad he was relatively good and hope he didn't wear you out to much! Just think soon there will be two of them running around!

No comments: