Friday, April 1, 2011
WHAT A WEEK
This has been quite the week at our house. As I write this, I wish I could say I was having a fun Friday night at swimming lessons with Ben right now...I know we lead a very glorious life...the highlight of our Friday nights, swimming! Anyways, I have been in Philadelphia this week for a work conference. Unfortunately, the night before I left Ben got sick. Ryan and I each got about 1 hour of sleep. Ben has been sick since I have been gone. A funny story that you can tell Ben is my son, he was sitting on Ryan's lap in his rocker and Ben covers his mouth thinking he would be sick. Ryan asked him about it and Ben's reply, "I don't want to get you dirty Daddy". I'm sure Ryan was grateful. Finally today, he started feeling better and Ben went to school. I'm sure Ryan's work was happy to have him back. I wish I would have been having a glorious time with nice weather and great times in Philly. Not quite, the weather was horrible and who would have thought that standing in a booth at conferences all day could be so draining. I am absolutely exhausted. Ryan is looking forward to me coming home for some reprieve, of course I soon learn that my flight keeps getting delayed and delayed further. Delta please take me home soon. This airport isn't that nice. On the positive side I just had a great Philly Cheese steak so I am not leaving without trying one. Did you know that it is standard in Philly to have Cheese Whiz on your Philly cheese steak? Ben's comments to me on the phone this week, "Mommy are you in Phil e delf e a? With customers? With friends? " It is pretty cute to hear him say it. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment