Monday, February 22, 2010

FEBRUARY UPDATES

Ben’s personality is coming out more and more everyday. He will start giggling for no reason at all and loves to sing and dance. It still takes him awhile to warm up when we are in front of other people though. This is nice for the reason that we can still take him out to eat and don’t have to worry about a scene. He just watches everyone and takes it all in. I think he has Ryan’s personality. You all know that I wouldn’t be able to go out and not talk!

Ben said his first sentence the other day. He said ‘No means no!’ What an interesting first sentence. I am wondering if he isn’t listening very well at daycare and getting told ‘No means no’. He has mastered the meaning of no though. If he is starts to touch something that he knows he isn’t supposed to, he will shake his head and finger and say no.

Ben is still cleaning and gets very upset with mom and dad if we don’t put our shoes away right away. This morning Ryan brought out his shoes before he left for work and Ryan had to fight with Ben to keep them out while he finished getting ready. Ben got very frustrated that he couldn’t put them back in the closet.

The other day when I went to go pick Ben up from daycare he was wearing different clothes. I asked what happened and apparently Ben is ready to potty train. I am not 100% sure how it happened and I don’t think I really want to know but he fell in the toilet. It sounds like he was sitting on the toilet and slipped in. They were right there so it wasn’t a big deal and he didn’t mind. They said it was pretty funny and he enjoyed flushing the toilet and the sticker they gave him from trying. I think he is too young to understand potty training but I would love it if we could be done with diapers!

1 comment:

Diane said...

oh no!! The toilet story is hilarious! One for the baby books! I'm so jeolous you can take Ben out without scenes at restaurants! We can't go anywhere without Nolan chatting to everyone and throwing crayons or running into waitresses!