Monday, August 31, 2009

WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE

I am falling behind lately on staying up to date on my blog so here is one big update. Where has the summer gone? We have been busy the last couple of months. End of July came the annual Gochenaur Family Reunion. Many people there had not met Ben so it was great they got to meet him. As always, we had great weather and Ben had fun playing with his cousins, Olivia and Gavin.















On August 2nd Grandpa John Huettl passed away. He was 94 years young and will be missed by many. He was also a follower of our blog. How many 94 year old people do you know that read a blog or even know how to turn on a computer? Below is a picture of Ben and Grandpa John at his 94th b-day party in matching hats and all the Huettl cousins at the funeral.














A couple weekends ago we were invited to Hayward, WI for a couple of days where Ben was able to spend some time with his Grandpa and Grandma Gochenaur. Grandma G made Ben an Angel food cake for his b-day. He wasn't crazy about the cake but really liked the frosting. Ryan and I enjoyed the R & R although I had a hard time being cut off from my blackberry and computer access!

Life has been busy and Ben has been very healthy (knock on wood)! Ryan and I were able to get away last weekend for a night for a mini-reunion with some college friends which was a great time and I have continued to go to my once a month girls dinner with my high school girl friends. It is always nice to take a break from parenthood and hang out with our friends. Work is starting to get busy again and I will be traveling a ton starting right after labor day so we are busy enjoying the last few days of summer!

No comments: