Monday, August 31, 2009

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BEN


It is hard to believe Ben is already a year old! His 1st birthday was last Wednesday, August 26th. At this time last year we were getting ready to take our little guy home from the hospital. It was 90 plus degrees outside and I remember how nervous we were to bring him home. What a whirlwind that week was. Hard to believe he was at the hospital for 6 nights! Life has sure changed in the last year.


We celebrated Ben's b-day by Ryan and I toasting each other with champagne that we made it through the first year and Ben made the traditional cake mess. Ben is currently crawling everywhere and getting into everything he can. I feel bad for his poor knees on our hardwood floors. I think walking will happen any day now. He is starting to stand briefly on his own. We look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with Ben and wonder what year 2 will bring! Happy Birthday Ben!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Happy belated Birthday Ben. Can't believe it has already been a year. Looking forward to the big wedding next month.