Tuesday, September 2, 2014

LABOR DAY WEEKEND FUN TURNED NOT SO FUN

We kicked off Labor Day weekend with big plans for a fun weekend at the lake!  Everything was going great until we were almost ready to head home on Monday afternoon. 
 Ben went tubing by himself for his first time ever!
 Alex once again showed no fear and was loving the water!

 Saturday night Ryan built us a great fire.
 We had hot dogs, pizza sandwiches and apple pies all cooked in the fire.  The boys had a blast!

 Alex's highlight were the S'mores and of course he made a huge mess 

 Sunday night we went to my friend, Sarah Rippke's wedding reception at her parent's house.  Despite some of the rain it was a great night!. 
 Sunday afternoon Ben and Ryan were paddle boarding in the lake, I went down to watch them and wasn't paying attention to where I was going.  There is a platform deck with an 8 inch drop into the sandbox near the lakeshore..  Needless to say, I missed the step down and fell.  I have never experienced so much pain in my life.  A trip to the ER to confirm that the baby was fine and an x-ray showed a fracture in my ankle.  I am so helpless!
30 weeks pregnant, on crutches, my foot in a boot, 2 active boys and lots of stairs in my house.  This is not good! I feel like a baby crawling up the stairs and scooting down them on my butt!
Thanks goodness for moms!  Fortunately, my mom showed up this morning to help with the boys and help take care of me!  Not to mention she has already started my laundry and is currently in my kitchen cooking dinner and making me lunch....all while I sit on the couch and do nothing (ok..I am working at least)! I am so helpless though! Hopefully the recovery isn't the 6-8 weeks the doctor mentioned! Thanks for moving in for the week mom! We are so lucky to have you in our lives!

No comments: