Tuesday, August 6, 2013

BEN'S FIRST MOVIE

We took Ben to his first movie last week.  After much discussion about which movie to see we settled on Despicable me 2. Ben was so excited.  Ryan and I made it a special afternoon and took some time off from work to pick Ben up early for some mom, dad and Ben bonding time.  
All week I prepped Ben how great going to the movies was going to be and the special snacks we would get. I was so excited for the movie theater popcorn with butter and a sugary cherry coke--no diet soda at the theater for us. Ryan and I always split this when we go.  Ben got to select the candy and came up with licorice.  Unfortunately, he wasn't as excited about my junk food.  He wouldn't eat any of it.  Who doesn't like movie theater popcorn? He was very content with his licorice and made sure to save some to take home so he could have some there as well. He has been asking me to buy it for a month now and I keep forgetting.  Sorry buddy!
Once we get all settled in with our snacks, Ben had a million questions about how long the movie was, will we be done in time to pick up Alex, where all the people were, how loud was it going to be, how dark and the questions went on and on!  Overall I think the movie experience went well.  Ryan kept shhhing us when Ben and I talking during the movie but there were only 5 other people in the theater and Ben had questions that needed answers! 
 I love being able to experience so many firsts with you Ben!

No comments: