Monday, February 4, 2013

MN WINTERS

Growing up in MN I am accustomed to MN winters.  I forget though that not everyone is used to the harsh cold weather or our MN activities.  Over the last couple of months I have had 3 separate VPs fly in and travel with me.  One was from Texas, one St Louis and one Denver--they were in awe when they saw ice houses and I when I told them about how we keep busy outside during our winters with skating, ice fishing, sledding and skiing.

We are continuing on with the MN winter and Ben is having a blast learning to ice skate and play hockey with his buddies!
 Ben, Colten, Griffin and Chase
 
Colten and Ben making it off the ice after their lessons
 
Our neighbors, Ryan and Tiana have also shoveled their pond and we have went over there a few times to skate.  I even bought a pair of skates, but Ryan is holding firm on never skating.  Ironically, hockey isn't as popular in WI..maybe because they don't have the 10,000 lakes.

Ben showing off his skills with the tube

Chase is ready to take us on in hockey

 Alex enjoyed watching the action
 

 The boys are cold and ready for hot chocolate!
 
As much as we love the 4 seasons, the countdown is on for our trip to Florida! I'm ready for the sun!

No comments: