Friday morning Ben and I went to see our favorite dentist and neighbor, Ayesha. The last couple of times I have taken Ben with me to the dentist he wouldn't have anything to do with sitting in the chair. This trip, after a little hesitation he climbed right in. He got a full cleaning and did awesome. Ayseha told him she was "painting" his teeth with fluoride and the rest of the day, he kept looking in the mirror to see the paint on his teeth. While I was getting my teeth cleaned, Ben asked the hygienist a million questions about the purpose of every tool and instrument. He even enjoyed telling her that I didn't let him floss that morning and how sad he was...yes, I am a horrible mom and we were running very behind so flossing was cut from the routine. I may never hear the end of it.


Later that morning, Ben, Alex and I headed to the doctors office. Alex had his 4 month check and Ben needed a physical before his surgery. No surprise that my baby is almost off the charts for his height and weight! Alex weighs 18lbs (95th percentile) and is 27" long (97th percentile). This morning I dressed him in a 9 month one piece outfit and he looked like he had high water pants on.
On Sunday Alex started running a temperature and came down with the flu. I am tempted to blame it on our trip to the doctor's office on Friday. On Sunday night, Alex didn't sleep...AT ALL...neither did Ryan or I. On Monday morning at 6:30am we were all at the hospital for Ben to get the tubes removed from his ears. Ben did great until he saw the bed and face mask to put him to sleep. He screamed like I have never heard him scream before. It broke my heart. It was so hard to watch the doctor put him under.
Fortunately, all went well and we were back home by 9am in time to make Mickey Mouse waffles and watch movies. Alex, however was still under the weather and fighting the sleep. I had my hands full with my two boys!

By the end of the day, we were able to get outside enjoy the nice weather. Ben got out AND put away every toy.
I was exhausted!




No comments:
Post a Comment