We started Ben in swimming lessons a couple of weeks ago. Every Saturday morning for the next 10 weeks Ryan or I get to go swimming with Ben. He was a little nervous at first but seems to be doing really well. It is amazing how well little kids listen to adults other than their parents. On Saturday, Aunt Megan came and watched Ben swim and was able to get a few 'action' shots.
The swimming pool- they have multiple stations at the same time- I don't remember lessons like this when I was little...

Kicking and floating almost all by himself
Ben and Colten after lessons--they don't seem very happy. Rheata and I on the other hand are all smiles staying warm in the 90 degree pool!
After swimming, I had my belated Girls Christmas party in Mankato with myself and ten other friends I graduated high school with. It is so nice to have friends that have known each other for so long and know so much about each other. This year we met earlier in the day and volunteered for Kids for Hunger instead of doing our usual gift exchange. We packaged 2,160 meals to feed starving children. It was a really fun experience and one I hope we do again.

I also hope we are still doing our monthly dinners and yearly Christmas party 2o years from now!

1 comment:
Let's hope the hairnets are a staple in our wardrobe twenty years from now. We look like a bunch of lunch ladies!
Post a Comment