Monday, August 30, 2010

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY BEN!


Ben turned 2 last Thursday! I can't believe it has been 2 years already! We celebrated his 2nd birthday with an Elmo theme. A couple of neighbors and Aunt Lindsey came over for dinner and cake. Ben was very excited and understood the concept that it was his birthday and that the presents were for him.


Ben loves Elmo these days. We thought it would be fun to test our creativeness and see if we could make one. It was a labor of love.


Ryan really made and decorated the cake. I was on the road for work when we had to bake it and Ryan is a much better decorator than me! I was an excellent helper though.

Who would have thought it would turn out like this! It actually looks like Elmo!

We were wondering how Ben would react to actually eating Elmo. When I first showed it to him to take a picture, he wasn't scared. He actually dug right in. I think he was maybe trying to give Elmo a kiss? See the missing frosting on Elmo's cheek and on Ben's face?



Neighbor Ella was a great help at showing Ben how to open the gifts. He had fun with all of his new toys!

We also had Ben's 2 year doctor appointment last week. Ben is still a skinny, little guy. He was around the 25% range for his weight and 50% range for his height.

Happy Birthday Ben!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

That is crazy that he's 2!! Super cute cake for a super cute boy - happy belated birthday!

Brian said...

Holy shit, Ryan did made that cake! I didn't believe him when he sent out the photo. Oh, wait, can I swear on the Gochenaur Family Website? I guess I already did.

THE GOCHENAURS said...

He did make it. Who knew he was so domestic! Looking forward to the big wedding weekend this weekend!