Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NO I AM NOT TRAINING FOR THE NFL YET....

I just have a flat head in the back. This week Ben got a cranial cap for his head (aka helmet). Ryan and I decided to move forward with this after our pediatrician recommended we have a specialist look at how his head is forming. He has a flat spot in the back. After two opinions, we decided that it is the best thing to do for Ben. The helmet applies pressure in certain points and has room in other parts for his head to grow and reshape. He will have to wear the helmet for 23 hours a day for the next couple of months.

So far Ben seems to be doing pretty well with it. I am sure it is harder on me than on him. I think it will be good padding for him as he is learning to walk. If he takes after his mom, he will be a klutz. Maybe we will just nickname him crash....If anyone knows where to buy some cute stickers so I can decorate his head let me know!

No comments: